Flamboyant, energetic style or action; dash; verve inspired by Eubie.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fashion Icon: Grace Jones

Grace Jones shot by Andrea Klarin
All images courtesy of: http://cyanatrend.wordpress.com/

I haven't done a fashion icon post in a looooong time.  What better way to bring it back then with a post about Ms. Grace Jones.  Every time I cut my hair short I get compared to her which is such an honor I hope to live up to.  With the comparisons flying again I decided to look at some old and new images of Ms. Jones.





I love Grace Jones because her style is so bold, adventurous, tongue in cheek and fearless.  She possesses such a strong feminine allure that I admire immensely.  She was Andy Warhol's muse in the late 70s and is credited with influencing the "cross-dressing movement of the 1980s" (wikipedia.org).  She's had a successful career as a model, singer and actor and at 60 she's still STILL DOING IT!

Until then, I hope I look like that at 60!

Chay$

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Check back for my response! Thanks for commenting!