Flamboyant, energetic style or action; dash; verve inspired by Eubie.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Flashback: Popples




Photo taken in Tokyo by Mari J

I've been going back and revisting elements of my childhood and thus understanding why I am so obsessed with color.  Popples was one of my favorite toys and cartoon, I even had Popples sheets as a kid. Their paws and ears were heart shapped and "Popples Make You Smile." Awww.  I forgot about them until my recent trip to Tokyo.  Tokyo makes you remember a lot of things you may have forgot about, especially toy wise.  If you had it as a kid they have it for sale in one of their many vintage toy shops.  There is also tons of new Popples merchandise all over Tokyo (I ended up buying a wallet, don't judge me).  Check out this video I found on YouTube of a Popples episode:



Until then, :)

Chay$

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Check back for my response! Thanks for commenting!