Flamboyant, energetic style or action; dash; verve inspired by Eubie.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Kabuki Costumes & Tamasaburō

tamasaburo Pictures, Images and Photos


One of my biggest regrets is I didn't go see Kabuki while in Tokyo. So I have been induldging little by little on YouTube. (God bless YouTube). I came across Bandō Tamasaburō V he's a male Kabuki actor that specializes in female roles. I started looking at Kabuki for the costumes and then found Tamasaburō and was mesmorized by his performances.








I'm desperately hoping a Kabuki tour comes to NYC soon. The last time was the Heisei Nakamuraza troupe in 2007. If you're in Cali the Zenshinza company is performing in the Bay Area next month: http://www.calperfs.berkeley.edu/performances/2010-11/theater/ztc.php.

Until then, (wishing I was in the Bay)

Chay

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Check back for my response! Thanks for commenting!