Flamboyant, energetic style or action; dash; verve inspired by Eubie.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

R.I.P. McQueen

 
Image via: The Guardian 

"British fashion designer Alexander McQueen has been found dead after taking his own life.
The 40-year-old committed suicide just days after the death of his beloved mother, Joyce, last Tuesday."

Via: DailyMail 

Those of you who know me or have spoken to me in any capacity know how I feel about Alexander McQueen. He was one of my fashion idols and I have been following his career since I first discovered him (I was in college watching Style Channel's Fashion TV, remember when the Style Channel used to be about "Style"??). His collections were always daring and creative with a distinct vision and extremely well-tailored. I just want to thank him for sharing his art and perspective with us and inspiring me and a host of other young people all over the world. Here are some of my favorite RTW McQueen looks:

 
S/S 2010

A/W 2008

S/S 2008

S/S 2007

All images via: Style.com 

What a way to start NYFW...

Until then, :(

Chay$


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Check back for my response! Thanks for commenting!