Flamboyant, energetic style or action; dash; verve inspired by Eubie.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

R.I.P. Mr. Blackwell, 86

Photo credit: Times Online 

I was reading the Times Online today and I came across an article about the death fashion critic Mr. Blackwell. I can truly say that I was unfamiliar with this gentleman when he was alive. Which I think is very interesting because I am familiar with his work. Notably he invented the "worst dressed" list in 1960 and was known for not holding back any criticisms. Here is some of his worst commentary:

Mary Kate Olsen: “She resembles a tattered toothpick trapped in a hurricane.”

Amy Winehouse: “Exploding beehives above, tacky polka-dots below, she's part 50's carhop horror.”

Christina Aguilera: “Is she a boring and body-baring bungle — or just auditioning for 'Sheena, Queen of the Jungle?”

The Dixie Chicks: “They look like a trio of truck-stop fashion tragedies trapped in a typhoon.”

God rest his soul, he sure made some peoples lives a living hell.

Until then, dress wisely!

Chay$

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Check back for my response! Thanks for commenting!