Flamboyant, energetic style or action; dash; verve inspired by Eubie.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pre-Fashion Week Trendspotting

Fashion Week officially begins tomorrow!! Yay! I'm so excited (if you can't tell).  I have lots of fun things to cover for you this week so keep checking in. 1st up: Outlaws of the Border!


Tuesday night I went to the Outlaws of the Border A/W 09 fashion show with O.M.O. Writes.  It was at a very cute low-key bar on East Broadway & Canal. There was a very interesting staircase runway situation that made it difficult for me to take pics:
 
And I was fashionably late...LOL.

The main trends I saw for A/W 09 were:

1. Chunky knits
2. Thigh highs 
3. The "ever so tight" wool pant for men
4. Buttoned-up (high buttoned collars on shirts & coats)

We'll see what other designers have similar trends and themes. I'm working the Venexiana A/W 09 Show in the tents tomorrow night.  Make sure you are following me or subscribe to keep updated on more trend-spotting and other fashion week posts.

Until then, I ♥ FW

Chay$

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Check back for my response! Thanks for commenting!