Flamboyant, energetic style or action; dash; verve inspired by Eubie.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fashion Week Day 7: Ports 1961 A/W 09


Two words...Slumdog Millionaire...





All photos credited to: Marcio Madeira
View the entire collection HERE on Style.com

There was an obvious Indian influence on this collection evidenced in the designs and choice of live music.  I enjoyed this collection because it presented something different than any of the other collections.  Most of the collections I saw leaned more towards architecture and sculpted ruffles and very structured looks.  I liked the draping techniques used in Ports 1961 which are Indian in origin.  I loved the wrap-around Jodpa pants with hanging tassels.  The clothes were sexy and feminine without having to be form-fitting.  Thank you Ports 1961 for taking us to India.

Until then, I still have to see Slumdog...

Chay$

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Check back for my response! Thanks for commenting!