Flamboyant, energetic style or action; dash; verve inspired by Eubie.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Learning New Things

During winter session I took a patternmaking course everyday at FIT. It took up most of my time and I did not have a chance to blog. I'm back and wanted to share with you my final project.

For this I sketched an original design, did a draft of a pattern, traced the pattern from the draft and then cut and assembled the dress:


Well 1/2 of a dress (as per FIT requirements). Lol.



The theme was Coney Island and the dress was based on the lines and color of this building:

I learned a lot about patternmaking and myself through the course of this month. I learned how hard I can work and how many great ideas I have! Now I'm glad to have more technical knowledge to support them :)

Until then,

Chay$

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Check back for my response! Thanks for commenting!